Monday, July 14, 2008

Wrap it Up

Crying, inconsolable children. The clear sign that a dynamite vacation has come to an end.
Maya and Kevin were both extremely bummed that our Fenwick Island trip ended on Saturday. It took an emergency trip to the Candy Kitchen in Bethany to keep the wheels on the bus, so to speak.
If you've ever been on the Delmarva Peninsula, you know that the Kitchen always has the medicine. They're sprinkled all up and down Coastal Highway. (There are three in Bethany, including two on the same block).
We got the kids calmed down, but my day was just beginning. I thought I'd take a stroll to the Apple store to see what was cooking (heard they were launching some sort of 'communication device' this weekend.
Five hours later, I walked out with my phone, and all I had to do was buy my daughter a fart machine and a trick card deck from Spencer Gifts to reward her patience. Sounds like a deal to me.
Enjoy the video. The Prince song I used is one of my favorites. (I feel a 'purple post' coming on this week...)

3 comments:

Tatie said...

The right pictures for the right lyrics! Such a clever way to put it! Simply marvelous darling!
love,
mom

Tatie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cam said...

Alain,
loved watching your vacation unfold. You sure are talented to be able to put a page together like this. I esp loved the wipe out at the end - hilarious! Miss you guys, welcome home - Cammi