Saturday, May 23, 2009

From the "No way!" dept.


I'm sitting at the pool, watching my son make new friends and perform inspired (if not well-executed) belly flops.

And yet, my mind wanders to Dave Matthews.

Not because I'm a huge fan. Because that's really the point. I've heard no more than two of his songs in my life.

So, as one of the two songs I recognize played at the pool, Meaghan and I engaged in a "can you top this" about who could name more pop culture phenomena we'd had no real exposure to.

Here's my list. I know, I know. I suck and all that:

• I've only seen one of the Star Wars movies.
• never seen or read Harry Potter
• Never watched Lost, 24, or Grey's
• I've never seen any of the Indiana Jones movies
• I know nothing about Coldplay
• never saw St. Elmo's Fire
• Who won American Idol?

There's more...

No comments: