Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Things I learned from my mother (Birthday Edition)




How to sense how other people are reacting to what I'm saying or doing

How to say 'eggplant' two different ways in Arabic

How to get along with anyone (as long as they're not jerks - sometimes even when they are jerks)

How to carry a pencil when running through the house (for the kids at home, it's with the point facing down)


How to treat people


That I could easily make it through an entire summer with three ingredients - couscous, cinnamon and sugar


That people can do amazing things when circumstances force them to


That everyone else drives way too fast


Not to leave a hamster unattended with a cat in the house


No matter what else comes and goes, you always have family.


Happy Birthday Mom. If I show up at your house with a knife and fork in my shirt pocket inquiring about lasagna, you know what to do...


1 comment:

Tatie said...

Thank you cheri, that was beautiful
Every sacrifice I made has been worth its time and pain. I feel blessed and very proud of my sons and their families.